Friday, April 22, 2011

Friendboat, geddit? *derp

Hey guys!

First off, seeing it's 22/4 where I'm at, Happy Good Friday! Read an interesting re-tweet this morning and it went something like ow we don't see the good in bad circumstances, and he related it to Good Friday, and it kinda made some sense. I don't know, thought I'd share that with you guys.

Anyway, thought'd I'd touch on friendship today. BTW, did anyone get the title? No? LOL.

Friendships are among the many things in life that keep us sane. You can have a bad day and these amazing group of people can instantly cheer you up without them knowing about it. Whether it's friends from elementary school, high school, college or even someone you thought you'd have a connection with on a friend-friend basis.

But as you enter a new phase in life, specifically adulthood, life forces us to abandon the comfort zone we grew up in and it generally affects the friendships we have with said friends. Let's be honest guys, how many of us have actually kept contact with our friends from our high school days/ college days?

You can say that it is part and parcel of life, but some people do let go of friendships for all the wrong reasons.

I just don't understand why or how some people can forget their friends when things get better for them, ya know?

Is it really human instinct to let go of something good and beautiful when you have a deal to get paradise? Or in this case a better friend? I never intended to make this post about me, but as I think about it, I know for a fact that I'm not a perfect friend but I make damn sure that none of my friends get left behind no matter what circumstances. Sure, it'll take a while for it to hit me that I should whenever I am out and I see two or three people missing from the group, but I will.

And it sucks to lose a really close friend to such a situation. At the end of the day, all we can do is make a decision: be loyal and wait it out as the pain carries on with you OR call them out and move on. Either way, it will suck balls deep.

TO whoever is going through this problem, this is for you:
"You are amazingly beautiful. You want to know the reason? The fact that you took the time to realize what is going on with your friend, searched for your current situation on a search engine and got this half-butt explanation post about it means that you care, even if you were blog jumping and read this. And for that, you're just amazing. Times are hard now, BUT it will end. Just remember, it's hard to see the good in the bad circumstances. So, take this time, go out, party (responsibly if you're old enough), have fun. And eventually, you'll find the strength (which is NOT FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF A BEER BOTTLE or cig stick) to find a solution to the problem. But the important thing is to know that you're definitely not alone in this. I mean hey, if this sad sack of poop can get through this, the chances of you getting through it too is off the charts high. =)"

I don't care if I seem like a dumbass, writing all this, expecting people to comment and give it good reviews, I really don't. I felt like shiz when I thought I was losing my close friend and I only wished someone said the above to me. And you know what, you guys deserve to be told that. So, any life I managed to make feel better, even just for the time they had their browser on the blog, it's better than all the followers, good reviews and spam messages in my chat box combined.

Thanks guys :)
seriously, did anyone get the title? :(

3 comments:

Ksenija said...

nice:)

Anonymous said...

i got the title. :)

Life is Never Enough said...

true, I agree. Had lost some friends over the stupid things that happened and its difficult to fix it. Best thing to just let go.